What we’re looking for
We are currently looking to expand our team of freelance ethical auditors in the following African countries:
• South Africa
Auditors applying must be APSCA Registered / Certified or meet the skills requirements listed below.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely , and be advanced in English written and spoken language
• Relevant tertiary qualification (for example: Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or Law) and training on at least one of the social auditing systems (SA8000, BSCI, WRAP etc.)
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the Human Resources, Apparel, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Health & Safety or Ethical/Social Compliance sector.
• Completed 100 social compliance audit days, provided via audit log and signed off by relevant audit firm OR completed 150 audit days of which a minimum of 50 are social compliance audit days OR minimum of 35 social compliance audit days and additional experience which may include, training, supervisory / managerial or previous parallel experience in social compliance programs and / or audit review.
• Detailed knowledge of national and local laws, International Human Rights and Labor Standards and collective agreements that apply to the organization being audited, with reference to the areas listed under social compliance, depending on the audit scope.
Terms of Reference for Consultant to Deliver Capacity Need Assessment using Scope Insight
Scope of Work
The successful consultant will undertake a business capacity assessment on two (2) SMEs: one in Kirinyanga and another in Uasin Gishu Counties using Scope Insight Pro SME Business Assessment methodology. This activity will involve:
1. Organizing and agreeing with the SMEs on the day and time of the assessment,
2. Carrying out capacity assessment using scope insight methodology, and
3. Submitting to Partner Africa an end of assessment summary report highlighting key recommendations
Based on the Scope Insight scoring, the consultant will review key issues of internal business operations, internal management, financial management, sustainability, external risks, supply chain management and market aspects of the SME, and submit the following:
• Detailed report on each SME generated from Scope Insight Business Assessment online.
• Recommendation notes highlighting key capacity gaps and suggest relevant intervention to address the gaps.
We are looking to recruit a Responsible Business Consultant to join our growing team and contribute to the success of projects run by our teams in Africa, UK and Europe. This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to develop skills in project development, project management, research and business development- setting you on a path for progression within the organisation or building your skill set for future roles. You will be working in a purpose-driven organisation seeking to create a better future for business, society and the environment.
Application process & deadline
Interested and qualified consultants to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Proposal for the delivery of Scope Insight Business Assessment. Deadline for proposal submission is 6th December 2020 at 5.00PM. Your proposal should be maximum 8 pages inclusive of annexes and include the following;
• CV clearly indicating relevant experiences in similar assignment,
• A clear breakdown of the budget including the proposed daily fee of the expert
• A clear timeline outlining deliveries with milestones.
• Proof of Scope Insight training and certification
• A brief overview of the key staff that would be involved in the project and their relevant experience and expertise
• Any policies regarding safeguarding, research ethics and code of conduct for firm applicants.
Responsible Business Consultant (Maternity Cover)
Scope of Work
We are looking to recruit a Responsible Business Consultant (Maternity Cover) to join our growing team and contribute to the success of projects run by our teams in Africa, UK and Europe.
This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to develop skills in project development, project management, research and business development- setting you on a path for progression within the organisation or building your skill set for future
Specific tasks will include
• Designing and managing both corporate and donor funded projects, ranging from small week-long projects to larger multi-year interventions.
• Supporting the development of proposals and bids for donor funded and client work.
• Delivering against key project requirements such as desktop research,
methodology and tool development for field research and developing guides
• Undertaking research and presenting findings for projects, proposals, webinars and other platforms.
• Account management of key clients.
• Business development including keeping up to date with upcoming donor opportunities and positioning Partner Africa as a partner for opportunities.
• Attending and leading meetings with clients, potential clients and other stakeholders.
• Supporting the development of key internal processes including keeping Salesforce, Partner Africa’s CRM database up to date.
Please send a copy of your CV and a supporting statement answering the following questions:
• Why you want to join Partner Africa (300 words)
• Why you are the right person for this role (300 words)
Interviews will be offered to candidates who best meet the criteria outlined
• Deadline for applications: 24th September 2021.
• Interviews the week of: 4th October 2021.