What we’re looking for
We are currently looking to expand our team of freelance ethical auditors in the following African countries:
• South Africa
Auditors applying must be APSCA Registered / Certified or meet the skills requirements listed below.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely , and be advanced in English written and spoken language
• Relevant tertiary qualification (for example: Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or Law) and training on at least one of the social auditing systems (SA8000, BSCI, WRAP etc.)
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the Human Resources, Apparel, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Health & Safety or Ethical/Social Compliance sector.
• Completed 100 social compliance audit days, provided via audit log and signed off by relevant audit firm OR completed 150 audit days of which a minimum of 50 are social compliance audit days OR minimum of 35 social compliance audit days and additional experience which may include, training, supervisory / managerial or previous parallel experience in social compliance programs and / or audit review.
• Detailed knowledge of national and local laws, International Human Rights and Labor Standards and collective agreements that apply to the organization being audited, with reference to the areas listed under social compliance, depending on the audit scope.
Ethical Audit Manager
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an Ethical Audit Manager who is passionate about improving working conditions in Africa, self driven and a team player. The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that the PA audit function is fit for purpose, with sufficient levels of qualified auditors, that audits are delivered to international standards, within client timelines and budgets. The holder of this role is also responsible for supporting in business development and building a pipeline of new audit clients.
In order to succeed in this role, it is essential that the successful candidate have the following skills and experience:
• High levels of drive, initiative, motivation, commitment and professionalism
• Ability to work remotely, independently and an ability to work with minimum supervision
• Educated to postgraduate level in a relevant discipline
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an ethical auditor/ in field of responsible sourcing
• Relevant experience within the ethical trade sector and an understanding of international codes of practice and ethical standards
• Knowledge of and relationships in international value chains such as tea, coffee, vegetables, flowers, fruit etc.
• Excellent knowledge of the business and human rights agenda and recent developments related to implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
• Excellent people management skills
• Computer literate (particularly Word and Excel)
• Multitasking skills and the ability to act on their own initiative, as well as the ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrable flexibility and ability to work in a multi-cultural team
• Demonstrable commitment to working in a value-based organization
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent English written skills
To apply for this position please send a 1 page motivation letter why you feel that you are suitable for this position and submit this with your CV and subject line: “Ethical Audits Manager application” .to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not heard from us by 10 December 2020, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Terms of Reference for Consultant to Deliver Capacity Need Assessment using Scope Insight
Scope of Work
The successful consultant will undertake a business capacity assessment on two (2) SMEs: one in Kirinyanga and another in Uasin Gishu Counties using Scope Insight Pro SME Business Assessment methodology. This activity will involve:
1. Organizing and agreeing with the SMEs on the day and time of the assessment,
2. Carrying out capacity assessment using scope insight methodology, and
3. Submitting to Partner Africa an end of assessment summary report highlighting key recommendations
Based on the Scope Insight scoring, the consultant will review key issues of internal business operations, internal management, financial management, sustainability, external risks, supply chain management and market aspects of the SME, and submit the following:
• Detailed report on each SME generated from Scope Insight Business Assessment online.
• Recommendation notes highlighting key capacity gaps and suggest relevant intervention to address the gaps.
We are looking to recruit a Responsible Business Consultant to join our growing team and contribute to the success of projects run by our teams in Africa, UK and Europe. This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to develop skills in project development, project management, research and business development- setting you on a path for progression within the organisation or building your skill set for future roles. You will be working in a purpose-driven organisation seeking to create a better future for business, society and the environment.
Application process & deadline
Interested and qualified consultants to submit their application to email@example.com with the subject: Proposal for the delivery of Scope Insight Business Assessment. Deadline for proposal submission is 6th December 2020 at 5.00PM. Your proposal should be maximum 8 pages inclusive of annexes and include the following;
• CV clearly indicating relevant experiences in similar assignment,
• A clear breakdown of the budget including the proposed daily fee of the expert
• A clear timeline outlining deliveries with milestones.
• Proof of Scope Insight training and certification
• A brief overview of the key staff that would be involved in the project and their relevant experience and expertise
• Any policies regarding safeguarding, research ethics and code of conduct for firm applicants.