What we’re looking for
We are currently looking to expand our team of freelance ethical auditors in the following African countries:
• South Africa
Auditors applying must be APSCA Registered / Certified or meet the skills requirements listed below.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely , and be advanced in English written and spoken language
• Relevant tertiary qualification (for example: Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or Law) and training on at least one of the social auditing systems (SA8000, BSCI, WRAP etc.)
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the Human Resources, Apparel, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Health & Safety or Ethical/Social Compliance sector.
• Completed 100 social compliance audit days, provided via audit log and signed off by relevant audit firm OR completed 150 audit days of which a minimum of 50 are social compliance audit days OR minimum of 35 social compliance audit days and additional experience which may include, training, supervisory / managerial or previous parallel experience in social compliance programs and / or audit review.
• Detailed knowledge of national and local laws, International Human Rights and Labor Standards and collective agreements that apply to the organization being audited, with reference to the areas listed under social compliance, depending on the audit scope.
Terms of Reference for Consultant to Deliver Capacity Need Assessment using Scope Insight
Scope of Work
The successful consultant will undertake a business capacity assessment on two (2) SMEs: one in Kirinyanga and another in Uasin Gishu Counties using Scope Insight Pro SME Business Assessment methodology. This activity will involve:
1. Organizing and agreeing with the SMEs on the day and time of the assessment,
2. Carrying out capacity assessment using scope insight methodology, and
3. Submitting to Partner Africa an end of assessment summary report highlighting key recommendations
Based on the Scope Insight scoring, the consultant will review key issues of internal business operations, internal management, financial management, sustainability, external risks, supply chain management and market aspects of the SME, and submit the following:
• Detailed report on each SME generated from Scope Insight Business Assessment online.
• Recommendation notes highlighting key capacity gaps and suggest relevant intervention to address the gaps.
We are looking to recruit a Responsible Business Consultant to join our growing team and contribute to the success of projects run by our teams in Africa, UK and Europe. This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to develop skills in project development, project management, research and business development- setting you on a path for progression within the organisation or building your skill set for future roles. You will be working in a purpose-driven organisation seeking to create a better future for business, society and the environment.
Application process & deadline
Interested and qualified consultants to submit their application to email@example.com with the subject: Proposal for the delivery of Scope Insight Business Assessment. Deadline for proposal submission is 6th December 2020 at 5.00PM. Your proposal should be maximum 8 pages inclusive of annexes and include the following;
• CV clearly indicating relevant experiences in similar assignment,
• A clear breakdown of the budget including the proposed daily fee of the expert
• A clear timeline outlining deliveries with milestones.
• Proof of Scope Insight training and certification
• A brief overview of the key staff that would be involved in the project and their relevant experience and expertise
• Any policies regarding safeguarding, research ethics and code of conduct for firm applicants.
We support clients adopt responsible business practice through: –
1. Conducting social audits to help identify the salient ESG issues in client’s operations and supply chains
2. Providing advisory services to enable clients to address salient ESG issues, report on the impact of their ESG programmes and adopt responsible business practices. Our advisory services develop bespoke programmes for individual companies (national and international), sector-initiatives, communities and governments
Our business model
Partner Africa is managed as a social business and is committed to being financially self-reliant and resource-efficient. We are committed to growing our business in order to maximize the impact that we have on improving the working conditions and livelihoods of workers and producers in Africa. To achieve this we take a supportive, pro-active and inclusive approach to managing our business. As long as we believe we are delivering on our mission we will engage in any size contract with any client that is committed to making a difference.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an intern for the role of Financial Assistant.
The overall purpose of the role is to support the existing Finance team deliver high quality accounts in a timely manner.
Specific Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Data entry onto the financial software system
• Preparation of invoices for customers and getting approval of the same prior to sending to clients as advised.
• Follow up with debtors for payments and closing off outstanding debts.
• Preparation and filing of payment vouchers and batches for bank processing.
• Review all payment requests and invoices to ensure appropriate approvals have been sought prior to preparation of payment vouchers and batches.
• Preparation of supplier payments for signing.
• Review petty cash, updating regular reconciliation and verification of cash count on a regular basis.
• Key in all invoice details on Sales Force in a timely manner
• Reviewing imprests and receipts on advances and ensure that they are issued in line with the Organisation’s policies. Ensure monthly imprest status are reconciled
• Perform monthly bank account reconciliations for review by Head of Finance & Internal Operations
• Execute standard banking transactions (lodgements and withdrawals)
• Analyse solicited quotes in connection with purchase of Partner Africa office supplies
• Support with client Sedex registration.
• Provide support on other official duties as assigned from time to time by line management.